Wondering why you need to see a dentist like Dr. Ryan Schmidgall every six months for an oral exam and teeth cleaning? In this blog from Country Day Dental, we’ll explore the benefits and importance of routine dental cleanings.
How Often Do I Need To Get My Teeth Cleaned & Why?
As mentioned, you need to get your teeth cleaned every six months. Why? Because routine teeth cleanings have a number of great oral health benefits.
- Catch oral health issues early – You can catch problems like gum disease and cavities early, keeping your mouth healthy for the years and decades to come.
- Save time & money – Avoiding common oral health problems lets you avoid more costly treatments like fillings for decayed teeth or root canals and dental crowns for infected teeth.
- Keep your smile bright – Professional dental cleanings remove tartar buildup that you can’t remove on your own, which helps keep your smile bright and beautiful.
- Get peace of mind – With routine cleanings, oral exams, and oral cancer screenings from Dr. Schmidgall, you’ll know that your mouth is healthy, and that you’re doing everything you can to protect your dental health.
- Make the most of your insurance – Most dental insurance plans cover two cleanings and oral exams at no charge each year, so routine appointments help you make the most of your coverage
Oral Health Is Tied To Overall Health
When your mouth is healthy, your body is healthy, too. Oral health problems don’t just affect your mouth. Gum disease, for example, can lead to a higher overall risk of stroke and heart disease. Because of this, routine teeth cleanings and oral exams are essential for both your oral health and your overall health.
What To Expect During Your Cleaning & Checkup
Not sure what to expect when you schedule preventive care at Country Day Dental? Here’s a brief overview of the process.
- Teeth cleaning – First, one of our dental hygienists will perform a quick oral exam to look for serious oral health issues, then scrape plaque and tartar away from your teeth. After this, your teeth will be polished and buffed, and then floss will be used to remove any remaining debris, leaving your teeth shiny and clean.
- X-rays – X-rays are usually required for new patients, and are recommended every 1-2 years afterward. These are usually taken before your oral exam begins.
- Oral exam – Dr. Schmidgall will examine your teeth and x-rays to look for signs of common oral health issues, and discuss your oral health with you, as well as any follow-up appointments or treatments you may need.
- Oral cancer screening – We offer oral cancer screenings as part of every exam. Dr. Schmidgall will look for lesions, bumps, or other indicators of cancer and ensure your mouth is healthy.
Schedule An Appointment With Dr. Schmidgall Today!
As you can see, six-month dental cleanings are more important than you may have thought. So don’t wait, and don’t risk your oral health. If you’re ready to get started with preventive dental care in Fort Worth, contact Country Day Dental online or give us a call at 817-731-9487 to schedule an appointment immediately.