Our Family Services
The first step in your journey to dental success is supporting the health you currently have. Your Fort Worth dentist and our team can safeguard your smile with regular preventative check-ups, exams, and family dental care. Here are some of the family services we provide:
- Comprehensive Exams Regular dental checkups are the key to keeping your oral health in great condition. During our comprehensive exams, Dr. Schmidgall will assess the health of your teeth and gums with the help of our modern intraoral camera and digital x-rays. This complete assessment includes:
- Intra-oral pictures
- Digital x-rays
- Periodontal evaluation
- Oral cancer screening
- Comprehensive dental exam
With this wealth of information, Dr. Schmidgall will be able to uncover any issues before they become bigger health problems. We are here to protect the health and integrity of your smile.
- Oral Hygiene Care At Country Day Dental…Learn more on our homepage…, we care deeply about every aspect of your smile and strive to keep your mouth healthy. With this in mind, we have put together a truly outstanding dental hygiene program that really sets us apart from other local practices.
Our dental hygienists are known for their vast experience and gentle touch. They make each hygiene appointment a unique and pleasant experience for you and your family.
With our personalized approach, we use a professional cleaning to gently remove plaque and tartar missed by regular brushing and flossing. These essential cleanings help fight cavities and make your teeth shine.
Each hygiene appointment is adapted to your individual needs and is entirely free of judgment. We aren’t concerned with your past hygiene but are focused on establishing a routine that provides future benefits!
- AIRFLOW® Therapy
Traditionally, getting your teeth cleaned involves metal hand tools that scrape your teeth, causing unpleasant noises and discomfort. At Country Day Dental, we have a better alternative: AIRFLOW therapy!
This modern technological device uses air and water pressure to effectively and comfortably clean your teeth. It’s also less invasive and abrasive than other methods. This helps you enjoy your natural teeth and implants for much longer.
AIRFLOW therapy is scientifically proven to:
- Gently remove stains, plaque, tartar, and calculus
- Prevent periodontal and peri-implant disease
- Detect early signs of white spots and cavities
- Clean around orthodontic appliances
Additionally, AIRFLOW uses Guided Biofilm Therapy… This text opens a new tab to the AIRFLOW website… to determine your risk assessment for dental problems like gum disease and tooth decay and detect biofilm, the leading cause of tooth decay. In doing so, Dr. Schmidgall can customize your AIRFLOW treatment to ensure you receive the preventative care you need.
- Periodontal Therapy With more than 60 million Americans impacted by it, periodontal (gum) disease is the leading threat to your oral health. If not treated in its early stages, gum disease can result in substantial health problems such as tooth loss, heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and much more. You can identify common symptoms at home, including:
- Red, swollen gums
- Chronic bad breath
- Increased tooth sensitivity
At our dental practice in Fort Worth, TX…Visit our dental office page…, we safeguard your gum health with periodontal therapy. We have services for the various stages of this disease:
Early stages: We provide a program of professional cleanings to reverse the effects of gum disease.
Scaling and root planing: If the infection has spread, we can use a deep cleaning technique to remove plaque and harmful bacteria from below the gumline.
Severe periodontal disease: When your tooth root and bone is affected, we may refer you to a periodontist for a surgical procedure.
Your gums are the foundation of not only your oral health but your overall well-being. Let’s work together to safeguard this key feature of your personal health!
Thanks to his extensive training, our family dentist in Fort Worth, TX, can offer dentistry that is provided in a relaxing environment and designed to re-establish your health. Call today to schedule an appointment or don’t hesitate to stop by our office located at 4255 Bryant Irvin Rd #111, Fort Worth, TX, 76109.
- Oral Cancer Screenings Dr. Schmidgall is committed to helping our patients enjoy a higher standard of overall health. A primary way he achieves this is through comprehensive preventative care, which includes regular oral cancer screenings.
These screenings check for any early signs of oral cancer and allow us to prevent your oral health from being compromised. If caught in the early stages, oral cancer can be stopped in its tracks, and the survival rates skyrocket.
Our modern exams consist of a visual and physical evaluation of your oral cavity and the soft tissue in your mouth. Dr. Schmidgall is looking for red or white spots, sores, lesions, or any unexplained bleeding. He has extensive training in this area and will explain all his findings, so you feel fully informed.
If there is any cause for concern, our dentist in Fort Worth, TX will arrange for a biopsy and work with your general physician to get an accurate diagnosis.
- Sealants Brushing and flossing your teeth every day is extremely important to maintain a healthy smile. However, when brushing, some places can be tough to reach, which can allow food debris to become trapped in the grooves of your teeth. To help prevent this debris from causing any problems, we offer an anti-cavity treatment called dental sealants.
Dental sealants are a thin resin painted directly onto your tooth’s surface. This colorless material fills the pits and grooves on your tooth’s surface, making it easier to brush away any food debris and prevent the build-up of decay.
As a preventative measure, dental sealants help reduce cavities caused by tooth decay and safeguard your oral health.
Mouthguards are a simple solution providing protection for your teeth and jaw.
As your Fort Worth dentist, we are proud to offer custom-made mouthguards crafted in our very own practice. Dr. Schmidgall will assess you and provide a custom solution to help you in your unique situation.
We offer two types of mouthguards:
Night Guards: These are designed to protect your teeth from grinding or clenching while allowing you to have a great night´s sleep.
Sports Guards: These protect your teeth while you enjoy playing your favorite sport. These mouthguards provide a comfortable fit so they won’t impact your performance.
Dr. Schmidgall is a great guy who is willing to answer all your questions and make sure that you are comfortable with the action he needs to take for your health.
Cassandra G. (Actual Patient)